Monday 3 April 2017

Easter Box Card

Good morning friends

I had been eyeing the new Lawn Fawn Box Card die set but exercising restraint. Then I saw Sandi MacIvers You Tube Video (click HERE) which shows how to easily create this rectangle Box Card using one sheet of letter sized card stock. 


I used a bunch of stuff from my stash, both newer and older products. These Impression Obsession Bunnies I've had for a couple of years but don't use them nearly enough.



This is the card folded up and ready to go into an envelope. It fits easily into an A2 envelope, but since I added 3-d stickers will likely require extra postage. If I had kept my elements flat it could mail for a single stamp.


Sandi's video shows the card closed as shown below, but I like keeping the flaps down for mailing. Mostly because not everyone can figure these out - honestly, I have witnessed people trying to figure out how to 'open' it - so I like to give any help I can. Keeping the flaps down when mailing, gives the recipient a clue as to what this type of card is supposed to do. But I wanted to share the additional view as well. Sandi decorated these bare flaps in her video but since mine were going to stay down I didn't and that reduced the weight of the card as well.



Still loving that Lawn Fawn Happy Happy set!



Supplies:
Purple, white, green, orange card stocks
Patterned paper - DCWV
Outdoor Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Bunny dies - Impression Obsession
Carrot dies - Impression Obssession
Stickers - Recollections
Banners - Taylored Expressions
Happy stamps and die - Lawn Fawn
Zig Clean Colour Markers

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. This card is fantastic!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun box card, I have been having fun with some Lawn Fawn dies and stamps recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card turned out absolutely fabulous and thanks so much for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!