Thursday 8 June 2017

Flower Pot Twist Circle Pop-Up

Good morning friends

Today I have another card to share using Karen Burniston's new Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up die. As you can see, it is a completely generic Pop-Up that can be used to animate lots of different embellishments etc. Plus, it comes with the dies to make an adorable stacked snowman for winter and Holiday projects!


This patterned paper had a printed cluster in the bottom right corner; I simply added a layered flower (from the Flower Pot Pop-Up) along with a Hello die cut (from the Word Set 1 - Greetings).


Here is the card opening ...


... and fully open!


Trimming about 1/4" off of the top of the flower pot allows it to fit on the circle with room for the blooms. Note, I used a paper clip on the flower pot to see how low I could have it go on the circle without catching as the card opens and closes. Then I adhered it to the circle and started building the bouquet.

I had fun cutting the different flowers, and I like the curve to the vine in the Flower Pot Pop Up set. I added the included flower centres and added glitter glue. But then I also added a dot of the Nuvo Crystal Drops (my latest obsession) into the centres.


The bee is also from the Flower Pot Pop-Up and I added a couple to the inside. Since the card stock I used for the inner and outer cards is quite heavyweight, I actually cut the inner card along the fold before adhering it inside the outer card. This allows the card to open almost fully flat. It was held together with the arms and decorated circle and not that tricky to adhere the card sides on either side of the centre fold line.


The font for both the Word Sets (Greetings & Birthday) is so sweet ... here I added colour to the words with chalks before adhering them to a Katherine Label. Another bee is on the right side as well. While I'm normally a fan of chubby bees ... this one is winning me over.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - MME
1012 Snowman Twist Circle - Karen Burniston
peach, yellow, green, white and orange card stocks
1010 Flower Pot Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Zig Clean Colour Markers
1002 Word Set 1, Greetings - Karen Burniston
Xyron
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (labels) - Karen Burniston
Stickles
Signo White gel pen
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card size - 5-1/2  x 4-3/4"

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. This card is fantastic! Love it!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving how you are combining the die sets, and also all your Nuvo drop ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!