Tuesday 6 June 2017

Hello Sunshine 4 Panel Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Very early one morning I was cruising Pinterest and saw this cool card. I have not found a recognized name for it, so for now I'm calling it a 4 Panel Pop-Up Card.

I've actually had a lot of fun with this style of card - and have a couple of ideas using Karen Burniston's new dies as well. It's going to be fun!!!

Here is one of my first ones ... for the front I used an adorable Doodlebug printed panel and some polka dot paper strips.


The printed panel has some glaze pen highlights, and a little glitter too.


Here is the first peek at the inside. There are four panels, and two are adhered to a folded card stock strip. I wanted the end decorations entered on the doilies, but in the end that made the pop-out portion a little narrower than I would have liked. Ah well, it's still a fun card.

I've made a couple more of these with the centre panels not quite so narrow when the card opens and I like them much better. I'll share those another day.





I have only ever seen that one card on Pinterest, which you can see HERE. It's important to give credit where credit is due!

I plan on making one with the new Woodland Animals - they are SO cute and will fit perfectly on this style of card.

Supplies:
Patterned paper  & embellishments- Doodlebug
Green, white, blue and pink card stocks
Blueprints #24 (stitched panel) - MFT Stamps
Glaze pens - Sakura
Washi tape
Doily - Recollections
Bakers Twine
Stitched fishtail banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stickles

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!