Saturday 5 August 2017

C4C397 Cheerful Hello Card


Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. It's a new month so we also have a new Hostess and Guest Designer. Our August 2017 Hostess is Raquel Mason and Fran Sabad is our Guest Designer. You can find Fran's Blog HERE


Raquel's challenge this week is: Summer Fun Let’s keep it simple for the summer and make a bright and cheerful card. 

I'm thinking a rainbow coloured goofy dog is pretty bright and cheerful!!

I really have a lot of fun with Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-Up and used it here with one of my water coloured backgrounds. I cut a window from the card front and framed it using the label dies that come in the set,



To add a little more definition to the dog, I used Zig Clean Colour Markers on his ears, nose, tongue and collar. Just a light touch blended with a water brush. I went over his eyes with a white gel pen then dotted the black back in with a black glaze pen. His nose has glossy accents.



Love those Nuvo Crystal Drops. 



I also added two of the Nature Edges and the little stitched detail piece on the front is from the Twist Panel Pop-Up. The Hello (love that sweet script Karen Burniston has for her word dies) is from the Word Set-1, Greetings. I've sure gotten a lot of use out of that set since I got it!



This card just makes me happy. I used both Color Burst and Magical Shakers for the water coloured background.

Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C397.

Supplies:
Dog stamp - Stampers Anonymous
Color Bursts - Ken Oliver
Lindy's Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
110# White card stock
Zig clean colour markers
black card stock
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
Signo white gel pen
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Wink of Stella
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up (edge) - Karen Burniston
1002 Word Set 1 - Greetings - Karen Burniston
Xyron
Glossy Accents
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card size - 4-3/4 x 5-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSave

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!