Thursday 24 August 2017

Turkey Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I have to admit that I have never made a Floating Floor Pop-Up card before. I know Karen Burniston offered the template on her blog and I liked what others did with it. But templates and I don't often get along and I prefer to avoid them if I can. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to find out that her new House & Fence Pop-Up die set includes a Floating Floor die. Die!!

I wanted to try it out with a simple card. Here is the front - the embossed fishtail piece was already done - it was in the scrap bin so I pulled it out to use.



Here is the inside, with my first ever Floating Floor. I have to say the die makes these so easy peasy - I had no trouble making it at all and needn't have worried about keeping this first one simple.


I used some die cut graphics for the embellishments, stamping and Nuvo Crystal Drops as accents.



This was such a fun card to make and I immediately had to make one for the holidays which I will share another day. My only tip would be to keep the embellishments up a bit on the tabs that stand up in the floating floor. My cooked turkey element touched the floor when I adhered it, and I do find the card squeaks when it opens.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - DCWV
Brown, cream, white and rust card stocks
Glossy photo paper
Graphics - Lettering Delights
Stitched circle frame die - Lawn Fawn
Black Sakura Gel Pen
Happy Thanksgiving - Echo Park
Stitched scallop border - MFT Stamps
Nuro Crystal Drops
Embossing folder - Stampin' Up

Card size - 5 x 4-1/4"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, looking forward to seeing many more floating floor cards from you in the future 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic! So cute motif!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!