Sunday 1 October 2017

Birthday Party Scalloped Box Card

Good morning friends

A sweet friend gifted me with a gift card to Scrappin' Great Deals here in Canada. I wanted to use it for something I wanted but likely wouldn't buy myself, so chose the Lawn Fawn Scallop Box Card die set! I hadn't purchased this one because I have two box card dies ... one is a BigZ Extended die and the other is a wafer thin die - but both make a square card. I had really liked this rectangle one and had been making them with help from a YouTube video by Sandi MacIver. Oh, but I wanted this die set! 


I used it here for the first time, making a Birthday card for our Granddaughter Alma. Karen Burniston's animals fit perfectly inside! Here I've used the Squirrel from the Woodland Animals and the Hedgehog from the Winter Animal sets. The party hat and gifts come from the Birthday Charm die set - I just covered the hang holes with a Glitter Dot.


The little pink flowers were cut using the smallest flower and the largest flower centre (circle) from the Flower Pot Pop-Up, and I used the Nature Edges for the grass.


The spines on the Hedgehog were cut from Hero Arts stamp packaging. If a stamp set comes with cool packaging, I save it to re-use. The poles come with the Scallop Box Card and I paired it with a stamped and die cut banner from the Stamps of Life.


If I had kept the banner lower, this card would fit in an A2 envelope, but since it will be hand delivered I will be giving it in a clear bag envelope so I have some extra room. Below you can see how the card folds flat for mailing.


Here is the back of the card, with a stamped greeting and die cut gift and still lots of room to add a note and signature.



Supplies:
Scalloped Box Card die set - Lawn Fawn
Graphics - Lettering Delights
Kraft, green, white, brown, pink, orange and yellow card stocks
recycled packaging 
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Black fine point marker
Enjoy every moment and banner stamps/die - the Stamps of Life
Words on the back - Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Staedtler fine point markers
Stickles
Glitter Dots

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!