Wednesday 4 October 2017

Colourful Leaves Pop-Up Thanksgiving Card

Good morning friends

I pulled out an older Stampin' Up Sizzix die for these leaves, and cut them from water colour paper I had coloured with a combination of Magical Shakers and Colorbursts. Once i had the leaves cut and the edges inked, I splattered them with white acrylic paint.

Trimming 3/4" from the front right side allows a strip of the same plaid patterned paper to show through when the card is closed. I only had this much of this particular plaid paper left, so wanted to stretch it to complete the card.


I added a couple of fall coloured Nuvo Crystal Drops, and then covered the black stitched circle with Glossy Accents. Before it set, I added a drop of yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops on one side so it melded and dried together with the Glossy Accents.



Inside I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-Up to animate the stamped greeting. See the plaid strip on the blank label? That was the last leftover piece of plaid, so I adhered it to a piece of white card stock then carefully lined up one of the Katherine Label dies over it before cutting. Then I added the smaller label on top as a place to write our greeting and sign our name.




Into the Thanksgiving stash with this one.

Supplies:
Leaf - BigZ die - Stampin' Up
Color Burst - Ken Oliver
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Water colour paper, 90#
Patterned paper - Lawn Fawn
Blueprints #12 (banner) and 21 (circles) - MFT Stamps
Happy Thanksgiving stamp - Verve
Glossy Accents
Enamel Accents
Inside word stamp - Echo Park
White acrylic paint

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!