Monday 2 October 2017

Halloween Lift Flap Card

Good morning friends

Every once in awhile I buy a die set, then wonder what I was thinking. With a limited budget and storage space I really do try to put a lot of thought into my die purchase. When this Blueprints die set came out at MFT, I was sure I had to have it. Then it arrived and .... hmmmmm.

I decided to use it again here to make a card rather than a gift card holder, and ended up pleased with how it turned out.


I added some small stitched circles to the notch, which helps keep the flap from popping open.





This is a flat, post-card style card. We can sign it either below the circle embellishment inside or on the back where there is lots of room for a message.


While I still haven't used it enough to feel like I've gotten my money's worth - this card makes me think I will get more use out of it than I first thought. Love using a die for something other than it's intended use. I've also been using the separate elements that are included with the die set, so it is getting some use after all. Plus, I still really like it!

Supplies:
Blueprints #28 - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper and sticker(s) - Doodlebug
Orange card stock
Black card stock
White card stock
Embellishments - K & Company
Stitched Circles - MFT Stamps
Fun foam

Card size - A2

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. perfect card for Halloween!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever card! Can never have too many Halloween supplies! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!