Saturday 4 November 2017

C4C - 410 Layer it up

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and a new month - so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog, a new hostess (ME!) and new Guest Designer (my friend and design team sister Kelly Booth).  My challenge this week is an easy one ... “Layer It Up” Go ahead and pile on the layers for your project this week."
I wanted to use these pretty water colour looking stamps from Hero Arts that I've had for many years, and ended up making three identical layered sympathy cards with matching envelopes.



The embossing folder is also one I've had for ages - and I paired both these older products with newer stitched rectangle dies.





Inside I used an Avery Elle stamp set. The flower was coloured with kids Crayola markers then stamped on the envelope. After huffing on the stamp to reactivate the ink, I stamped it again over the words inside. That second generation stamping matches the card and envelope perfectly, but is paler and doesn't detract from the sentiment.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C 410.

Supplies:
Flower stamp - Hero Arts
Crayola Markers
White card stock
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Wink of Stella
Inside Stamps - Avery Elle

Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I haven't used a HA real flower stamp on ages and these are so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Karen!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what Kelly said!!!! also love the texture on the card base. Fun challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!