Thursday 30 November 2017

Kraft and Red Christmas Tree Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

After years of feeling like I wasn't even making a dent in my holiday patterned paper pile, this year I actually finished up a couple of packages that had just a few sheets, bits and pieces etc left in in them. This card was made with the last little bit of patterned paper from a package, and a few printed embellishments from the same package that were also remaining.

I love the look of this vintage paper, and especially all the red glitter! For the front I paired the paper and embellishments (fishtail banner and tree circle) with half of a gold foil snowflake.




This Christmas Tree Pop-Up by Karen Burniston is really something. For this one I put it towards the back of the card which gave me lots of room at the front edge for the stamped greeting. After die cutting the tree pieces, I used the embossed feature of the dies and an embossing sandwich to create the raised dots - then I swiped them with a watermark ink pad. Then I added Glitter Dots and gold glitter glue randomly on the raised dots.


The red beaded borders are decorator dies that come with the new Tag Book Pop-Up. They match the one from the Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up, which is what I used on the stamped circle.


The little tree stamp is by Wild Whisper, and I scattered the image around the card using watermark ink.


It's amazing that this dimensional card folds completely flat for mailing!

Supplies:
Kraft and brown card stocks
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Gold snowflake die - Stampin' Up
Red glitter paper - Stampin' Up
Gold Glitter Glue
Stitched scallop border - MFT Stamps
Word stamp - Lawn Fawn
Tree stamp - Wild Whisper
Watermark ink

Card size 5 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!