Tuesday 21 November 2017

Vintage Christmas Tree Pop-Up

Good morning friends

I wanted to try Karen Burniston's Christmas Tree Pop-Up and this package of vintage looking patterned paper was sitting on top of my Christmas papers pile.  The journal card was cut from one of the papers in the stack, I added a tree and snowflake from the Winter Charms die set and some white Nuvo Crystal Drops. That finished off the card front.


The blue ribbon has a lovely shimmer to it - lovely stuff.


As the card is opening, you can see the pretty dimensional Christmas tree ...


... and here is the card fully open. Just WOW!!!


Such a clever die set, and while it looks complicated it goes together easily. I followed the video Karen Burniston has right on the product page for this first one and it went together like a charm. I knew I wanted to use this blue/green patterned paper for the trees, so adhered two pieces back to back. That way the pattern is on both sides of the large trees - since you see both sides I'm glad I did this step.


The 'merry' was cut three times, once from red and twice from a pale patterned paper from the package and I offset the paler ones for a bit of shadow under the red 'merry'.


The cardinal comes with the Christmas tree set, and since I love the stitched & scalloped rectangle from the Twist Panel Pop-Up I used it here with a stitched oval die as a place for us to sign our name.



As soon as I finished this card I had to start another with the Christmas Tree Pop-Up die set, which I will share another day.  Into the holiday card stash!

Supplies:
Patterned paper and journal card - Fancy Pants
Stitched scallop border dies - MFT Stamps
Off white confetti, red card stocks
Shimmer ribbon - Stampin' Up
Glaze pen - Sakura
Signo white gel pen
Black Sharpie
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Merry die - Papertrey Ink
Stitched oval - MFT Stamps
Christmas stamp (partial) - Papertrey Ink
Blueprints #21 (stitched banner) - MFT Stamps

Card size - 5 x 6", which fits in a 5 x 7" envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!