Tuesday 5 December 2017

Karen Burniston's December 2017 Designer Challenge

Good morning friends

Welcome to Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge: "TREES, PLEASE!" - incorporate a tree (any tree) for a card with a winter/holiday theme.

While my obvious choice would be to use the Christmas Tree Pop-Up, I absolutely love the Winter Charms set so decided to use the tree charms for my card instead.


I also really like the sleigh from the Sleigh Pop-Up, so used it on the card front, holding a bunch of trees instead of gifts. Just a couple of quick snips with scissors and the tree charm becomes a sweetly shaped tree! The bow on the sleigh is popped up and shiny from the coating of Glossy Accents.



For the inside, I used the Twist Panel Pop-Up!


I found the lightweight cardstock and patterned paper I used was too flimsy to allow for a smooth movement of the twist panels. Simply adhering a panel of card stock to cover the card back solved that problem by making it nice and sturdy.


The banners come with the Twist Panel Pop-Up, and I added the smallest tree from the Winter Charms above the banners and coated it with Glossy Accents.


While it's hard to see in the photos, each of the trees also got a good coating of Glossy Accents. I used the beaded rectangle frame from the Tag Book Pop-Up on each of the panels. I cut it four times from red and four from white. I put aside the white beaded frames and the red inner panels to use on a different project, and adhered one red beaded frame to each of the Pop-Up panels. Then I inlaid the white centres inside the beaded frames and adhered the trees to the white.

I didn't add any foam tape, keeping the bulk down on the folded card.


The Pop-Up heart die also comes with the Twist Panel Pop-Up. It's such a fun little addition to an already fun Pop-Up card.


Another glossy tree beside the sweet scalloped rectangle, which is where we will sign our names.


The rest of the Design Team is linked on the right side of my blog - be sure to check out what they came up with for the Designer Challenge. Karen Burniston will have her project and a group post tomorrow (Wednesday), and you can find her blog HERE.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Green, white and red card stocks
1018 Winter Charms - Karen Burniston
1023 Tag Book Pop-Up (beaded rectangle frame) - Karen Burniston
Xyron
Glossy Accents
1021 Sleigh Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Cardstock embellishments came in the same package as the patterned paper above
Copic markers

Card size - 5 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. you designed this card so wonderful- and the paper is beautiful too

    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!