Tuesday 12 December 2017

'Oh Joy' Coffee Christmas Cards for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Good morning friends

I had my cards all ready to post this week, but I completely forgot about the 2017 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop being this week. So I'm back today with my second card for the hop and second blog post for the day. Since the last blog hop, I've been really enjoying using my (growing) collection of cup stamps & dies. These cards are in a Christmas theme, so I made two nearly identical ones for my stash.



When the Stampin' Up Holiday catty went live I ordered the Merry Cafe set. I had had my eye on the Coffee Cafe set from the main catalogue but thought if I got the Merry Cafe set, I would't want the other one anymore. Wrong. Ha - it made me want it more, so I now have both. They are interchangeable so I've been having lots of fun using them.

These sets also feed my newest addiction - latte's. Normally I get one from Tim Hortons, but have recently tried Starbucks (my first time there, believe it or not) and I love those too. If I have to go into the city for errands, and my route takes me near one or the other - you can bet I'm sipping a latte on the drive home.

For these cards I stamped the 'merry' on the insulating sleve, then went over the stamped letters with a white gel pen. It's easer to see in real life than the photos, but there is the little 'stir stick' at the top with a heart on it and I added glitter glue to it. Now that I have been to Starbucks, I know what these are, ha ha.



Here is a peek at the inside.





Be sure to stop by the hop to be inspired by all the wonderful coffee/cocoa/tea projects, and leave the posters a little love.


Supplies:
Coffee Cafe Stamps & dies - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Merry Cafe stamps - Stampin' Up
Red, white and green card stocks
Copic markers
Doily - Stampin' Up
Stickles
Wonky Stitched Rectangle die - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Wink of Stella
Oh Joy die - Lawn Fawn
Sakura white gel pen
Word stamp inside - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

11 comments:

  1. pretty cards. great to go cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design with those colors and elements and I really like how you added a bit of the design inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you decorated the coffee cups

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these are gorgeous! Love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love how you decorated the inside as well, I am so bad at forgetting to do that. Love the paper doily and the sparkly snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cheerful and love the colors with all beautiful detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful Christmas card!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the red and white color scheme...the doily....that snowflake! Just all around beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely stunning card,love all the elements you added and how you decorated the cup. I think this is my favourite set from this catalogue, so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the decorated cups!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!