Tuesday 26 December 2017

Three Pop-Up Christmas Cards

Good morning friends

For many MANY years, I worked ahead on my holiday cards. It started when I was on a roll one year and finished far more than I needed. I put them away for the following year, so when it was time to work on my holiday cards I could do so with no stress as I knew mine were done and I was working on the ones for next year. I loved working on my cards during the busy season as card making is my stress relief. I also loved not HAVING to work on them.

Things changed this past year though, when I decided to work on my holiday cards throughout the year. I have these three to share then I promise no more Christmas cards for a month or two. But I will be sharing holiday cards throughout the year because I love making Christmas cards! I also really like having them all done when it's time to get them ready to send out.

For these three, the card bases and inserts were in my I'n Progress bin', with the acetate embellishments ready to be attached. I added some word printed washi tape below the acetate pieces and the card fronts were finished.


The insides were also cut and in the 'In Progress bin', and I was poking around in the bin and found these Cricut cut embellishments as well. So I used them here and finished off the cards with die cut labels and stamped greetings.


Card #1:



I stamped a little pine tree from Wild Whisper on each bottom label.


Card #2 ...




And card #3 ...


There were glittery accents on all of the patterned paper used



Out of the bin and sent out this year. Woot! I certainly did well working out of that bin this year, and also using up a bunch of patterned paper packs that only had a little bit left. Hopefully there will be room in the drawer for a new paper stack next year because of it.

Supplies:
Patterned paper -old, from my stash
Acetate embellishments - K & Company
White card stock
Scallop card base die - Sizzix
Pop 'n Cut A2 Card with Wavy Label Insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Washi Tape - Recollections
Words on Pop-Up - Hero Arts
Words on Label - Verve
Wavy Label Thinlits - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Tree stamp - Wild Whisper Designs

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!