Thursday 28 December 2017

XOXO Charm Accordion Card

Good morning friends

I wanted to play with the Charm Accordion and the new Cat & Dog animal dies by Karen Burniston. One thing led to another and this is what I came up with!

The Tiny Accessories 1 is SO much fun. I was able to use some small glitter paper scraps to cut the spectacles from. The Charm accordion makes a sweet little two page card - if you want more pages you can just cut more - it cuts them two at a time which is very handy. For this one though, I wanted a solid front. I simply cut a rectangle slightly wider than I needed and scored a line down the excess. A little double sided tape and I was able to hinge the solid panel to the accordion and I had my third page.



I had just made a Tag Book Pop-Up card and the dies were still on my stamping table. I wondered if the beaded frame and strip would work with the Charm Accordion and YES they DO! In fact, at the same time I was making my card,  DT Teammate Kelly Booth was making a holiday card and she had the same idea. Great minds and all that, ha ha.


When it became obvious the card was going to be a Valentine, I decided to add a pink mask and tail to the little racoon. Honestly, this little character just makes me smile. There are also two tiny glittered hearts - one on the dog bowl on the card front, and one below on the racoon's bow. These are the fall away pieces from the heart charm. I cut two charms and adhered them back to back so no matter how it dangles you get to see the glittery goodness.


All of the glittered elements were die cut from the same white glimmer paper, and I added colour with a Copic marker.

Supplies:
White, pink and grey card stocks
Patterned paper - DCWV
Copic markers
Glimmer Paper - Stampin' Up
Fine point black marker
Grass stamp - Stamps by Judith
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Stitched Heart dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Signo white gel pen
XOXO Lawn Fawn

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!