Wednesday 3 January 2018

Doggie Valentine Cards

Good morning friends

I didn't set out to make a Valentine card, but then this happened. Ha!



I woke up way too early on Christmas Eve, so went into my craft room. I didn't have any set plan, but I looked around and spied this patterned paper. I pulled it out and flipped through the pages. Hmmm - I could go with an astronaut card (which is why I purchased the paper in the first place) or do something with the heart patterns. Hearts it is! I turned around and saw the shelf with my Big Z dies on it - and thought it would be fun to use one of the dog dies.

After I made the first doggie Valentine card, I liked it so much I decided to make four more - one for each of the five Grandkids. By the time I was supposed to be waking up, I had most of them finished!


Ilai and Ethan will get the light blue dogs, and Olivia will get the darker one.


Olivia's card has glossy accents on the collar heart, and the little star had fallen off a gift tag under the tree and was sitting on the kitchen counter. So I pressed it into the glossy accents.

I will often make two nearly identical cards for the youngest Grandsons, since they live in different houses. But rather than just change the patterned paper for the next two cards, I pulled out my other Sizzix Dog BigZ die - the Scottie Dog.



Zachary and Alma will get these ones since they live in different houses.


Finally, here are all five Doggie Valentine cards together. I did have fun using these older dies again.


I love that they stand on their own, and I made the cards nice and sturdy so the Grandkids will be able to play with them! I hand wrote a message inside each one and they will each fit in an A2 envelope.

Supplies:
Puppy Dog die - Sizzix (BigZ)
Scottie Dog die - Sizzix (BigZ)
Patterned paper, Moda Scraps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Signo white gel pen
White, black and red card stocks
Black fine point marker
Gold Sharpie marker
Ribbon scrap
Bakers Twine
Glossy accents

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Always a treat to see the older dies in use again! I have the puppy dog and my two great grands will love their Valentine cards. Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these cards are so cute!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute valentine cards, now you have me wishing I purchased that paper last week when I placed an order

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!