Monday 29 January 2018

Valentine Coffee Cup Gift Card Holders & Shaker Photo Frames!

Good morning friends

Yesterday I shared a Coffee Cup Gift Card holder, which I made using Karen Burniston's new Coffee Cup Pop-Up. Since I won't be near our grandkids on Valentine's Day, I decided to do something different this year. Usually I make sure the Grands have treat bags.

I made two Valentine themed Coffee Cup Gift Card holders, and tucked a Tim Hortons Gift Card inside each cup. I thought our daughters could take the kids to Tim Hortons and they could each get a donut and cup of hot chocolate. They turned out SO cute - but when I went to do this post I discovered that this was the only photo I took of them. What the? And it's not even a good photo! The little Coffee charms worked perfectly as decorations, and the stir stick was the perfect place to hang a little tag from. The tag is from the Tag Book Pop-Up.


You will see below each one, is a (gift card sized) family photo I took on New Years Day out at The Farm. I thought they would enjoy getting a photo with their Valentine's Coffee Gift Card but of course I wanted to dress up those photos. I used Lynda Kanase's Photo Shaker Box to make these fun shaker frames.


Since the words from the different frame sets are interchangeable, I added the vertical LOVE from the Photo Frame, Lovely die set and backed the word with a piece of black card stock to make it pop. Then I highlighted the letters with glitter glue.


I also made a little easel stand for the back, so they could stand on a shelf away from little fingers.


This is the second one ...




I packaged the Coffee Cup Gift Card Holder, and the Photo Shaker Frame with some chocolates in a cello bag, but we were in a huge rush to get going so I did not get a photo of them all done up.

Tips and Tricks
Because these are going to homes with inquisitive little fingers, I adhered the cover to the box bottom.   I know our daughters would not be thrilled having to pick up spilled confetti & sequins. Securing the lid to the box bottom is entirely optional, because they work perfectly to present a Gift Card in as well!

To create the Easel Back for the landscape orientation shaker box, I took a piece of card stock 1-1/2 x 3-1/2". It was scored at 1/2, 2, 2-1/2 and 3". You put adhesive above the first 1/2" score line and it adheres to the back of your shaker box at the top centre.  Then you form a 'W" with the other score lines, and again the 1/2" tab is adhered to the centre bottom at the back of the shaker box. Now it can stand on it's own!

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
Copic markers
Stickles
White and pink card stocks
Puffy heart sparkly stickers - Recollections
Bakers Twine
Instax SHARE SP-2 printer
Photo Shaker Box, Seasonal - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Photo Frame, Lovely - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Miscellaneous sequins and confetti

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!