Tuesday 6 March 2018

Coffee Cup Pop-Up Gift Card Holder

Good morning friends

It's time for Karen Burniston's  March 2018 Designer Challenge. This month our challenge theme is:  "COFFEE & CAKE" - use either the Coffee Cup Pop-up OR the Cake Pop-up for your project.

I chose the new Coffee Cup Pop-Up and made a fun birthday card for a friends mother who turned 97! They had requested a 'card shower' for his Mom as she enjoys receiving cards and it's fun for them to go through the cards with her and talk about how they know the person who sent her the card.


On the front I used the new Happy Birthday die - which will not be a surprise as I use it frequently. I love that it cuts in a single piece and the font works for masculine birthday cards too. I added a little 'to go' cup on the front from the Coffee Charms, to give a hint as to what was inside.


You might be wondering why I would use a coffee cup for a card like this instead of the more obvious cake choice. Well, whenever my friends visit his mom, they bring along her favourite iced coffee! So I included a gift card so they could pick her up a couple of coffee's on us.


This Coffee Cup Pop-Up is really cool - the curve to the cup when the card is opened is amazing. You can use it with or without a gift card, too. I added a party hat from the Birthday Cards to my 'to go' cup since it is for a special birthday.


The new number dies are very handy for customizing a card, so I used it here as well as a stamped greeting.


The squares are from the Spinner Square Pop-Up.


Be sure to check out what my fellow teammates have come up with for the challenge - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her post tomorrow (Wednesday) on her Blog.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Heidi Grace
Marvy LePlume II markers
White card stock
Stickles
Happy Birthday stamp - MFT Stamps
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card size - 5 x 6",  fits into a 5 x 7 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. so pretty, love the poppy paper and party hat on the cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. you created a wonderful card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!