Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Birthday Squirrel and Wagon Birthday Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Today's share is a Pop-Up Birthday card using a bunch of new dies by Karen Burniston.


I've had the patterned paper for several years and I think it is going to work really well with the new Woodland Animals. Here, the squirrel is holding a die cut flower while standing on a fussy cut mushroom.


Inside, I made a Pop-Up with the new Tree Pop-Up. The greenery on the tree is cut with one pass so you can quickly make a full tree - or even lots of trees!



I'm kind of proud of the wagon, which was made with the swing from the Tree Pop-Up. I cut four swings from red card stock and embossed the wood grain on them using the emboss feature of the die. They were adhered to a scrap of red card stock in behind, then I added the tire swing for wheels. The hubcaps were made with the jump-ring die from the Charm Accordion - I left the centre intact and adhered the whole thing inside the tires. The wagon handle was hand cut from a scrap of red card stock with markings from a silver Sharpie marker.

The little squirrel fits perfectly in the wagon, but here I have added some fussy cut mushrooms for him to hold and perch on.


I used two of the three Nature Edges for the greenery,  the ground/hill/snow/grass/dirt one and the grass is on the bottom part of the card with another fussy cut mushroom.


I decided to add a few flowers to the tree and wagon - the flower die cuts six at a time, so it doesn't take long to cut a whole bunch. I cut a stitched puffy cloud (Nature Edges) from scrap card stock, then used it as a stencil/mask with dye inks to create the puffy clouds in the sky.


I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it. While I am in NO WAY trying to hurry through summer to get to Fall, I am thinking it will be fun to make autumn coloured leaves with this tree for Fall themed cards too. And bare, it will work great for Halloween!

Supplies:
Patterned paper Recollections
Brown, peach, black, red and silver pearl card stocks
1001 Woodland Animals - Karen Burniston
1005 Tree Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (labels) - Karen Burniston
Fishtail banner dies - MFT Stamps
1003 Word Set 2 - Birthday - Karen Burniston
Silver gel pen - Sakura
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Black fine point marker
Pink coloured pencil
1007 Charm Accordion (Jump ring) - Karen Burniston
Bakers Twine
Copic's
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up (Banners) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. That little red wagon is Prue genius

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wagon, hope I can remember it, when I finally get the die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - they make my day!