Saturday 7 October 2017

C4C 406 - Hedgehog Pop-Up Thanksgiving Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and new month so that means we have a new hostess at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog! Bonnie Sharp will be our October 2017 hostess, with Marcie Sharp as our Guest Designer this month. You can find Marcie's blog HERE

This is Bonnie's challenge:  Today is World Cardmaking Day so my challenge to you is so easy.... MAKE A CARD!!....any design, any shape!!


Today's share is a Thanksgiving card made featuring the adorable Hedgehog by Karen Burniston. I set the scene using a MFT die set, and the body of the hedgehog was cut from recycled stamp packaging. I never throw out pretty patterned packaging!


The gold foil snowflakes were the first thing in my cart when the Stampin' Up Holiday Catalogue was finally open for purchasing. They are going to be so much fun to use and I really like how they look with the stitched circle cut from the centre.



I purchased these stitched leaf dies last year when I realized I didn't own any wafer thin leaf dies and I'm so happy with them! Here they are cut from gold foil card stock.



When the card is opened, it is not only a pop-up, but the lantern with the hedgehog scene is also a surprise!





I love this lantern die! I don't know why it appealed to me so much, but when it was released it was immediately put on my Wish List.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C406.

Supplies:
Scene dies - MFT Stamps
Lantern die - SugarPea Designs
Brown, Kraft, green card stocks
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Plaid patterned paper - K & Company
Dot pattern card stock - recycled packaging
Clear and black glaze pens - Sakura
Copic Markers
Gold paste - Arto
Foil snowflakes - Stampin' Up
Stitched leaf dies - Lawn Fawn
Twine
Chalks - Stampin' Up

Card size - 5 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card, especially that lantern

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful how you designed this card!Love it
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!