Sunday 8 October 2017

Embossed Pop-Up Thanksgiving Cards

Good morning friends

I was looking through my 'In Progress Bin' to see if there were any Thanksgiving cards that needed to be finished off and found a paper sandwich sack with 10 embossed panels. They had been done at least 5 years ago, likely more - a realtor friend used to order dozens of cards at the last minute to send to her customers so I must have been getting them ready for her then changed gears on what I wanted to do.

So here I had ten panels, embossed on an orange pearlized and textured card stock and the word AUTUMN had been coloured with a burgundy Copic marker on each one. I didn't want to toss them after holding onto them for this long, but I also didn't want to make ten flat cards with them. Hmmmmm. Then I had a lightbulb moment and used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-Up to make three pop-up cards for Thanksgiving, and one flat one. All 10 panels used. Ha!


I went over two of the coloured AUTUMN words with stickles and one with Glossy Accents, and added some leaf embellishments from my stash with a twine bow. I also inked some of the panels with a red ink, and I liked how that looked.



Here is the inside - two more panels adhered inside the card, more of the printed embellishments and a stamped label on the Katherine Label pop-up arm. I also put a small label for signing our name along with a die cut leaf.





I made a flat card with the remaining panel.



It's Thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend, and today we will be hosting the whole family for a turkey & ham dinner. I wanted to let my friends, family,  readers and followers know how THANKFUL I am for all of YOU! Sometimes it feels like the world has gone crazy, and being able to post a little bit of happy here every day keeps me from despair. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians both near and far.

Supplies:
Off white confetti, coral, orange pearlized textured card stocks
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Copic markers
Stitched leaf dies - Lawn Fawn
Words - Hero Arts
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Glossy Accents
Stickles
twine
Printed embellishments - stash
Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Love how you highlighted part of the embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have all-time so wonderful ideas for new cards!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!