Thursday 12 October 2017

Pumpkin Spinner Pull Card

Good morning friends

I have a fun spinner card to share today, using one of Karen Burniston's older licensed dies (and truly one of my favourite dies ever) the Spiral Circle Pull Card. This time though I didn't cut the notches that hold the card closed.

Note, I first tried this with a Sizzix Flip-Its die and it does not work nearly as well as Karen Burniston's Pull Cards.


After cutting the card base, I nested two circle dies to cut the frames and the circle from the centre. The pumpkin stamp actually comes with a front and a back image, so after they were stamped, coloured and cut out I adhered them back to back with a piece of bakers twine in between the layers.

The ends of the bakers twine were attached to the top and bottom of my circle opening with a glue dot, then I attached the black card stock frames over the twine ends. Ta Da - spinner portion completed!


To make the spinner work, you wind it up then close the card and put it in the envelope. When the recipient opens the card, the pumpkin will spin around and around. So fun! Next time though, I will cut the notches that will up the surprise factor of the spinner with no chance of an accidental reveal.


Rather than add a stamped greeting inside, I added a stamped circle to the back along with another die cut spider. This kept the focus on pumpkin spinner on the front.


I'm so happy I ordered this black shimmer ribbon from Stampin' Up - it's so pretty! I also added a bit of shimmer to the die cut spider with a Wink of Stella pen.


This was a fun card too make, and had been on my radar for a long time. Glad to have finally done a Spinner Card and I will probably do more.

Supplies:
Pumpkin stamp (back and front!) - Stampin' Up
Copic markers
Wink of Stella
Bakers twine
Spiral Circle Pull Card - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs - discontinued)
Orange and black card stocks
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Shimmer Ribbon
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Happy Halloween stamp - Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the spinning pumpkin in the centre of the circle window

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooktacular card! The ghost and pumpkin charms fit perfectly. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!