Friday 29 December 2017

New Years Flip-It Card

Good morning friends

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and I have a New Years Flip-Its card to share today. This Flip-Its die is the one that started my enthusiasm for Flip-It cards several years ago and I still like to get it out to play with. It's a Big Z die - not a wafer thin die. Which means it cuts through lots of different mediums! Here though, I used a crease pad and cut it from black card stock.


The Cheers die was cut three times - twice from white card stock and once from black. I adhered one on top of the other with white on the bottom. I like how it raises the word up from the surface, and also makes it nice and sturdy to adhere. Doing it from two colours gives it a slight 'off-set' look as well.

I am sure getting a lot of use out of those Stampin' Up foil snowflakes!


I picked up a set of super sparkly embossing powders at the Mesa Rubber Stamp show a couple of years ago - and it is quite effective on dark card stocks. I wasn't sure how this black one would work on the black card stock but it's SO pretty!


Supplies:
Circle Flip-Its - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Black and white card stocks
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Cheers die - MFT Stamps
Silver foil snowflake - Stampin' Up
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Black fine point marker
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Desert Night sparkle embossing powder - Stamp A Mania
Falling Snow stamp - MFT Stamps


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous New Years Card, think this was the die that started me off too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card!
    Wish you a Happy New Year
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!